A center of excellence for Bhutanese and Himalayan Studies in consistent with GNH values.
“The ILCS aspires to be a Centre of Excellence in higher learning and research in areas of language and culture, and be a Premier Institution for preserving and promoting the unique cultural heritage of Bhutan, so as to maintain its relevance as a source of values and inspiration for a society in transformation”.
- Provide innovative and enabling opportunities for individuals to grow, thrive, and contribute,
- Preserve and promote the rich cultural heritage of Bhutan,
- Create a reservior of indigenous knowledge,
- Promote research, critical thinking and scientific temper, and
- Produce intellectually, socially, and emotionally competent graduates.
- Conduct research on Bhutan’s values and principles, culture/traditions, and history
- Cultivate collaborative learning experience
- Incorporate cross-curricular enquiry to foster deep learning
- Integrate problem solving and life skills
- Promote creativity and innovation
- Develop resilience and adaptability
- Develop oral and written communication skills
- Provide opportunities to exhibit leadership qualities
- Encourage involvement in community work
- Foster social and environmental consciousness