Vision : Center for Excellence with Values and Inclusiveness
Mission :Provide Inclusive and Quality Education for Life Long Learning with equal Opportunities to all Children to harvest their full potential to become Productive Citizens.
- to enhance adult literacy and school enrollment with higher learning outcomes
- to enhance academic performance of students in all levels
- to provide a conducive environment for students to learn
- to conduct action research in schools
- to preserve and promote cultural and traditional heritage in the schools
- to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of public service delivery
- to ensure availability of timely, relevant and reliable data information at the school level.
The Dzongkhag Education sector aims to achieve 100% literacy rate by the year 2018. Therefore, Dzongkhag Administration will work towards achieving education for all, which is compulsory education for those falling in the age group of 6-12 who have not enrolled and for those who are above 13 can get enrolled in non-formal educations centers which provides basic and post literacy courses to the learners in all five Gewogs.
As of now, there are 21 schools under Trongsa Dzongkhag. Of which
- 3 Central Schools
- 1 Higher Secondary School
- 1 Lower Secondary Schools
- 14 Primary Schools
- 2 ECR
Other than Schools there are:l
- 18 ECCD Centers
- 3 Non-Formal Education Centers
- 1 Community Learning Centre(CLC)